Ocean Gallery Resort is one of the premier beachside communities on Anastasia Island, and many people travel from the surrounding Jacksonville and Orlando areas or fly into nearby airports to stay here during their St. Augustine vacation.
We offer an excellent central location on the island where you can easily explore the top exciting attractions nearby including the state parks, beaches, restaurants, and historic sites, as well as many others in St. Augustine which is directly west of Anastasia Island.
As you prepare for your next adventure filled St. Augustine vacation, you can find some helpful information on getting to Ocean Gallery from some of the most common surrounding areas below:
From the St. Augustine Historic District (5-15 minutes)
The St. Augustine Historic District offers a large concentration of historic sites in the downtown area as well as many different restaurants, bed and breakfasts. It is located directly west of Anastasia Island across the Matanzas River and connects to the northern end of the island via the Bridge of Lions. Here is how you get to Anastasia Island if you happen to be in the historic district:
- Take any route to Hwy A1A S/S Castillo Dr
- Turn left at the Bridge of Lions/Hwy A1A S
- Continue south on A1A Scenic and Historic Coastal Byway to reach 4600 A1A S
From downtown Jacksonville (1 Hour and 5 minutes)
Jacksonville is the closest large metropolitan area to Ocean Gallery. You’ll be able to get Ocean Gallery in a little over an hour from downtown Jacksonville which is located northwest of the St. Augustine area:
- Take any route to FL-10E
- Follow the signs for I-95 S and take the I-95 S exit
- After about 14 miles take Exit 335 for Old St. Augustine Rd.
- Turn right on Old St. Augustine Rd.
- After 1.5 miles, turn right onto US-1 S
- After 23 miles, turn left onto FL-312 E
- Turn right onto Hwy A1A S and drive 3.5 miles to reach 4600 A1A S
From downtown Orlando (1 hour and 30 minutes)
Many St. Augustine visitors come from downtown Orlando, as it is one of the largest Florida cities within a 2-hour drive and is located southwest of the area.
The route takes a total of about 1 hour and 30 minutes and passes west of the Daytona Beach area.
- Take any route to merge onto I-4 E
- Continue for 47 miles then use the left lane to merge onto I-95 N toward Jacksonville
- Continue for 38 miles and take Exit 298 to merge onto US-1 N toward St. Augustine
- After 6.5 miles turn right onto FL-206 E
- Turn left onto Hwy A1A and drive 3 miles to reach 4600 A1A S
Jacksonville International Airport is the closest major airport and the easiest one to fly into if you are traveling to St. Augustine, as there are several transportation options directly from the airport.
For any specific directions to the Ocean Gallery Resort from any current location or for assistance with planning your next trip to St. Augustine/Anastasia Island, please call us at (800) 398-5980.