If you’ve come to St. Augustine, Florida to enjoy the sun and sand, you’ll find several beaches to choose from. A prominent beach, located at the southern end of Anastasia Park, is St. Augustine Beach, a part of the 42 miles of beaches this old city has to offer.
There are, of course, lots of beach activities and things to do on the beach itself: swim, surf, kayak, and paddleboard, to name just a few. But what about the area surrounding the beach? Well, that’s worth exploring, too!
Read on for more area info about the property around St. Augustine Beach and the things to do at these attractions and locations.
Beyond the Beach
Located right on Beach Blvd. is the oceanfront Anastasia Plaza, a strip mall offering a Publix and Starbucks, in addition to jewelry, chocolate, and other smaller gift shops and stores.
The plaza also offers a few eateries:
- Casa Maria: an authentic Mexican restaurant with tacos, enchiladas, and other favorites. Large TVs for sports games, a happy hour, and margaritas are part of the good times at this restaurant.
- Sushi Zento & Grill: enjoy the Japanese cuisine at this restaurant! Enjoy an open, modern atmosphere, serving shrimp, chicken, fish, and salmon teriyaki, as well as sushi and sashimi (or a combo of both!) for lunch.
- Lucky Garden Chinese Restaurant: great family setting; a diverse menu with lots of common favorites such as chow mein, chop suey, lo mein, and sweet and sour dishes, comprise the draw of this restaurant.
- Sea Oates Cafe: from breakfast omelets to wraps, and hot and cold sandwiches, this is casual dining at its best – a great place to grab a quick bite while you take a break from shopping and sightseeing.
- Verrazano Pizza & Pasta Restaurant: offering New York style pizza, as well as subs and salads, not to mention various pasta dishes, this is a great stop-in for Anastasia Plaza shoppers.
Other Things to Do in the St. Augustine Beach Area
Just off Beach Blvd., and not far from the beach, is Pit Surf Shop. Rent a surfboard, skim board, kayak, wetsuit, bike, or beach accessories, such as umbrellas or chairs.
You can also sign up for surf lessons: private lessons are offered seven days a week!
From antiques to furniture, and just about everything in between, LYMI Oddities is a unique gift shop near the beach. THE place for local artwork, fun gifts… and just about any “oddity” you can think of!
A neat attraction in the area is Lakeside Park, comprised of a sculpture garden and more. This park contains a Veterans Memorial, and also offers concerts and a fishing pier.
All of these locations, including other shops, restaurants and eateries (offering everything from Italian ice to Mediterranean cuisine), are found on the main boulevard just a block or two off St. Augustine Beach.
If you chose St. Augustine Beach over other beaches in the area, you’ll soon find you made a great choice, with plenty of shopping activities and other things to do, both on and off the sand.