They always say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we think that goes double when you are on vacation! Starting the day out with a hearty meal allows you to have plenty of energy for sightseeing and exploring our nation’s oldest city, and since we live here, we think there’s no one better qualified to help you find the best breakfast and lunch cafes in all of St. Augustine. Our dedicated staff at The Ocean Gallery put in a lot of extra hours and research to compile the list of amazing eateries you see below; we think you will be quite happy with the places we found!
- Hot Shot Bakery & Café – Ok, you got us, our dirty little secret is this: we believe the four food groups should just be donuts, cupcakes, brownies, and cookies. Which is one reason why this sweet little café made our list of best breakfast places! To be honest, although their pastries and cakes are to die for, we also enjoy their breakfast panini and layered egg plate almost as much as the sweet stuff! Serving breakfast and lunch, Hot Shot Bakery & Café is located at 8 Granada St.
- Oyster Creek Eatery – Southern breakfasts are heavenly meals, and Oyster Creek Eatery does not disappoint! Shrimp and grits are a specialty of the house and the white wine cream sauce with bacon and green onion makes our stomachs growl as we are writing this! Another personal favorite is David’s Cinnamon Hog; sweet meets savory in this hoagie roll that is battered, grilled, stuffed with your choice of bacon or sausage, and then drizzled with maple syrup and dusted with powdered sugar! Also serving delicious lunches and dinners, you can find the Oyster Creek Eatery at 117 King Street.
- The Spot Café – Another Southern favorite of ours, The Spot Café is home to Uncle Paul’s Country Breakfast. 2 eggs, bacon and sausage, home fries or grits, toast, and biscuits and gravy ensure you will not leave this spot hungry! Open for lunch as well, we think more research is needed as we can’t decide which we prefer more, Millie’s Lumberjack sandwich that comes with roast beef, ham & roasted turkey or the SPOT burger; check back with us later to determine which sandwich won this challenge! Located at 4808 US Highway 1 North.
- The Blue Hen Café – Small and quaint, we can’t say enough about the Blue Crab Quiche the Blue Hen café serves for breakfast. It’s so delicious we could eat it for every meal of the day and never get tired of it! Also serving lunch, their new twist on a Southern favorite, Fried Green Tomato Tacos, are tasty and a perfect choice for our vegetarian friends! Located at 117 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Sea Oats Caffe – This island themed casual breakfast spot specializes in flavored pancakes. For sweet flavors, we loved the s’mores pancakes, and our favorite savory pancakes were the hoppin’ jalapeno cheddar ones. Everything in this charming diner tastes so great, it’s hard to pick a favorite! Picnics on the beach are made extra special when you stop by the Sea Oats Caffe for one of their delicious Florida Beach Wraps to bring along with you. Located at 1075 A1A Beach Blvd, wine and champagne is served here for those special occasions!
The Ocean Gallery
St. Augustine is not just the oldest city in the U.S.; to us, this city is one of the most beautiful spots on earth and offers a wide variety of things to see, do, and most importantly, taste! Book your vacation today and start by checking out our website at www.theoceangallery.com for the chance to stay at the finest of vacation rentals in all of Florida!